Lesson 6 All Together Now, Let's Dance
So the robot can move, it can play music, it can write, it can turn on lights, but can it dance? Can you create a dance move that the robot can do with you?
The purpose of this lesson is to use all of the programming skills learned to create a dance routine with movement, lights and sound.
We will also apply what we learned in the last lesson about creating program logic with If conditions and Boolean operations to control when the robot begins to dance.
Time to Complete
- 1 hour for Hands-on Activities
- 2 hours for Optional Exercises
What We Will Learn
By the time you complete this activity you should be able to:
- Program the Scribbler robot to perform a dance with movement, lights, and sound.
- Understand condition statements and use one to compare two values.
- Understand Boolean logic and use it in a condition statement.
- Use the button press to control when the robot starts.
- Apply all the programming concepts learned so far to create a program.
What You Need
- Scribbler Robot with battery charged
- USB cable to connect robot to computer
- Computer: PC or Mac to program the robot (with Internet connection)
- BlocklyPropClient software installed on Computer
What to Do
- Open the Worksheet document. The worksheet contains a checklist for you to check off items as you complete them, some questions to answer as you work through the activities, and optional Exercises.
- Watch the concept videos, and review the other items in the Start section. They provide background information which helps connect this lesson to other STEAM topics that you may be studying, and will help you answer the STEAM questions in the worksheet.
- Use the Activity videos, handouts, and resource links as you complete the hands-on activities. Follow along with the activity video and step by step instructions.
- Give the filled-out worksheet to your teacher at the completion of this lesson.
Scribbler Can Dance (3:04 min) Youtube
WORKSHEET (Word Doc)
WORKSHEET (Google Doc)
What is an Inequality? (1:51)